Hi Everyone! Life is passing so fast, suddenly you find most of it is over. (Naturally, no one knows their expiry date – it might be round the corner.) So, we’ve got lots to do. Today on Women’s Day, (actually we know whole year is ours too, but just for the sake of talking, lets assume that today is ours) I want to include the men out there too.
Men are very close to us women; Specially, because these men cherish women in the role of mother, sister, wife, friend or colleague. Without their support we can’t go far. Rest assured, we can have more rights, only with their help. We need to convince them about certain things that have been unfair for us. Once they realize it, they will happily support us.
Together we can go far.
On Women’s Day today, let me share this with you:
- Maintain a Balance– in whatever you do. Stay in middle ground – don’t under play or over do things. (Being rather emotional, we tend to overdo things some times.)
- Life is so funny: Enjoy the humor in every situation.
- Don’t believe what you hear –check it out first.
- Dedicate yourself to acquiring knowledge and then sharing it: Be responsible for the information you have. Constantly dedicate yourself to learning, and then to teaching all you’ve learnt.
- Look out for injustice. Stand up against it. Fight for it. But realize when you have to accept defeat, (occasionally). There is still a long way to go. We only have one life. And we are human too. All in good time. Watch how Islamic law is used against women instead of in favor of women as it was intended: Keep in mind the fact that in Pakistan no other Islamic intervention is followed by all, except those laws which bifurcate women’s properties. This is followed without taking responsibility for their life-time food, clothing and shelter – for which they get the share! Specially note Nikah namah rights.
- Watch your finances vigilantly: That is the key to your independence.
- Watch what people do: rather than what they say – you learn more about them like this.
- Do not waste time sorting out people – Allah is there to take care of that.
- Keep alive hotline with God, Allah and Maker – after all, in the end we all shall be meeting Him.
- Do charity work as much as possible – remember it starts with kindness, do help the men too.
- Sometimes it pays to be silent: When there is a choice to speak or not to speak, try to choose not speaking some times. (You won’t regret it!)
- Have faith in yourself, and Allah who made you.
We have come a long way.:)
It is only because we stuck out for each other. Let us not fight the men in our lives, without them we are nothing, just as without our support they are nothing.
It isn’t about them.
It is about us. Being together is the key.
Recently, when my father passed away, so many men and women came together to help us to stay on our feet. Their help means the world to us. We can only survive together.
As I heard Bano Qudsia say in an interview once, ‘our fight is against cruelty and injustice – not against men. Whether this is dealt out to men or women, we fight against it together.’
Happy Women’s Day!