After my last blog post on this Elegant home in Islamabad, many people wanted me to do more posts like it. (Actually 87% of you!) So, here is the rest of my friend Munazza’s home. In case you missed the last post Here it is.
A beautiful home is probably everyone’s dream. We all would love a beautiful ready-made home to live in. But we also know that a lovely home like this doesn’t just happen. It is years of constant loving care that goes into it. We know, it needs constant maintenance, buying of expensive items and lots of care.
The best thing is that whenever you invest in your home, and take care of it, then you can enjoy the things for years to come. When the family is surrounded with such beauty, it is reflected in the temperament of the inmates too.
Its been great meeting my friend Munazza and her husband AVM Qasim through the years, actually about twenty four years. Many of the items you see here, have been with them for a long time. She has kept the furniture looking fresh and new. Even I have many furniture items which my parents got for me when I got married. Just re-upholstering the furniture and getting the wood polished makes a big difference.
Adding new things which will blend in with the stuff you already have makes all the difference. Everyone is welcome at her home. Whenever I go over, I find her husband’s or her own family members there. When her brother-in-law got posted to Islamabad, she asked him to stay with them. So, she is so big-hearted, that her hospitality and open-house is there for long term also. Her mother-in-law has her own room here too, and the guest room is always full. When my daughter Nadiya got married, the entire baraat – boys’ family stayed with her.
Here are the interior points that I love in her home, which you can have in yours’ too:
- A home needs to be beautiful and comfortable as well. Specially, it is important for the guests to feel welcomed here.
- When you have an interior with many artifacts and art works in it, then the upholstery of the furniture needs to be self-colored and plain. So that it makes a good back ground to let you look at the art works without being distracted.
- Having natural plants inside the house is great also. Every room has plants outside its’ windows. So, one feels close to nature at all times.
- Books and book shelves are in most rooms. Their daughter Maha loves books, and has a unique book case in her room.
- There are artificial flowers too, but these are blended in so beautifully with real plants that it all looks lovely.
- The carpets, furniture, books and paintings reflect harmony in choices. Blending these with the traditional styles together.
- The look here is definitely grand, traditional and stylish.
- The dining room is the perfect setting for the grand dinners which are given here. The delicious dishes cooked by Munazza and the line up of different cuisines is something to relish and enjoy.
- It gives a happy and comfortable ambiance full of items reflecting their taste. The best part is that it is all very comfy.
- It is important to be clear about the kind of style you want to have in your home, so whatever you buy fits in with the original style. In this way, the whole house has that same ambiance every where. 🙂